Saturday, November 18, 2006

Let the recipe sharing begin


I've been waiting to migrate MyCentralParkKitchen over to the Blogger Beta but I've run out of patience. I don't know enough HTML to create special sections in my old blog to add recipes but I've figured it out in the idiot-proof Blogger Beta so I'm going to say goodbye to MyCentralParkKitchen (I've migrated the old posts but can't migrate the comments - sorry!) and open things up in this new space - CentralParkKitchen. Why be possessive? When it comes to cookies - sharing is essential!

Pictured here (borrowed photo) are my latest creation. I call them Two-By- Fours. Two inches of cookie by 4 kinds of chocolate. These were inspired by my friend Paul Parton who can't have nuts. I started with Ina Garten's Chocolate White Chocolate Chunk Cookies and then began changing things around a bit.

Two-By-Fours
A super decadent chocolate cookie.

Ingredients:

1/2 pound unsalted butter (room temp)
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 large eggs (room temp)
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 pound white chocolate (chips or coarsely chopped)
1/2 pound semi-sweet chocolate (chips or coarsely chopped)
1/2 pound dark chocolate (chips or coarsely chopped)

Preheat oven to 350

Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla then the eggs and mix well. Add the cocoa and mix again. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt and add to chocolate mixture. Mix until just combined. Fold in the 3 kinds of chips.

Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and drop cookies using a #40 ice cream scoop (or rounded tablespoons). Flatten dough slightly with dampened hands (so dough doesn't stick).

Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven (even if they look undone). Let cool slightly on the pan then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. If you can keep any around - store in an airtight container.

1 comment:

mcaplan said...

I'm going to have to try these. They look amazing!! Perhaps Martha would like the reciper ;; ))